|“||I wish I'd never come to this studio in the first place...||”|
Rehearsal is underway for a very special Christmas holiday performance of The Nutcracker. Piper feels invisible after James and the original A-Troupe return to TNS, and it's the last straw when she receives no gift when the Christmas presents are given out; she wishes she never came to the studio in the first place. Her wish is granted when a fairy, who looks like Giselle, appears and guides her through a Piper-less studio. It's a very different TNS where A-Troupers from past and present are almost unrecognizable. Piper realizes the ripple effect her life has had on the studio, but it may be too late after Alfie reveals his plan to turn TNS into a luxury hotel.
|"I'll get to you when I get to you!" - The missing information in this section of the article is to be added.|
- Since the time span between Season 6 and Season 7 is a few days, it makes little sense that The Next Step Dance Studio would celebrate Christmas in April. Seeing as Kingston and Ozzy are present, Summer, Kenzie and Finn are present and Noah and Jacquie are absent, it cannot be set after Season 4 which would chronologically make the most sense in time. Therefore, these episodes are likely set out of the show's timeline, like the Halloween special.
- If the episodes are set within the regular timeline of the show, then, due to Amy's presence and Michelle saying in a later episode that she had not seen Emily since she informed her that she would not be buying the studio with her, these special episodes would be set between "The Return of Amy" and "We Need to Talk".
- The Next Step is 30 years old.
- Riley and Amanda are on good terms.
- Although Summer is introduced as a lyrical dancer, in this episode, she is referred to as a jazz funk dancer.
- Piper references James helping The Next Step win Regionals, Nationals and Internationals.
- Fairy references these past events:
- Michelle and Emily becoming co-studio heads of The Next Step again that takes place in "Summer Lovin'.
- Angela taking over The Next Step Dance Studio that occurs during the beginning of Season 6.
- Amy having problems with her mom that take place in Season 5 and joining Gemini Dance Studio.
- Eldon being Electric Eldon as was introduced in "Twinkle Toes".
- Several scenes from past episodes are seen as Fairy explains to Piper what has changed:
- Piper entering Studio A for the first time in "One More Time".
- Piper and James video-chatting and her asking him to come home in "Kiss and Tell".
- Riley and Alfie kissing and Piper seeing them in "Heat of the Moment".
- Riley and Alfie kissing after their first date in "Nobody's Perfect".
- James, West and Eldon at the Bangers & Mashups International Hip-Hop Extravaganza in "Bold As Love".
- James and West in their hotel room in "It Ain't Easy".
- James, West and Eldon talking in "Kiss and Tell".
- James on the bridge in London in "It Ain't Easy".
- Piper and Amy discussing uniting TNS East and TNS West in "Stand Together or Fall Apart".
- The fighting between TNS East and TNS West in Studio 1 in "TNS: Civil War".
- Angela scolding A-Troupe and A-Troupe dancing in "Grave New World".
- Alexandra Beaton as Emily
- Alexandra Chaves as Piper
- Briar Nolet as Richelle
- Emmerly Tinglin as Kenzie
- Isaiah Peck as Henry
- Julian Lombardi as Ozzy
- Liam Mackie as Finn
- Noah Zulfikar as Kingston
- Sage Linder as Summer
- Shelby Bain as Amy
- Victoria Baldesarra as Michelle
- Bree Wasylenko as Kate
- Brittany Raymond as Riley
- Giuseppe Bausilio as Alfie
- Jennifer Pappas as Chloe
- Jordan Clark as Fairy
- Katie Ortencio as Lily
- Kelly Fanson as Angela
- Isaac Lupien as Eldon
- Lamar Johnson as West
- Logan Fabbro as Amanda
- Samantha Grecchi as Stephanie
- Trevor Tordjman as James
- Main article: It's a Wonderful Life, Piper - Part 1/Quotes
- Main article: It's a Wonderful Life, Piper - Part 1/Aftershow
| "Look at that painting!"
To view the It's a Wonderful Life, Piper - Part 1 gallery, click here.