| "It's a tree, just like this one."|
This image or image(s) on this article need to be replaced or added. A picture of LaTroy in "Less Beauty, More Beast" Talking Heads needs to be added in the Infobox.
|“||... I don't know anyone who stands out more than LaTroy.||”|
LaTroy is disappointed when Sloane decides to leave The Next Step before the next dance season, but is excited to audition again nonetheless. He is frustrated when he is instantly cut by Emily for being a hip-hop dancer, and is happy to accept Michelle's offer to join TNS West.
LaTroy is disappointed after TNS West loses the dance battle against TNS East, and feels despondent about his position at The Next Step. He is therefore ecstatic when Sloane unexpectedly turns up at the studio and reveals that LaTroy is being offered a job as Luther Brown's assistant. Though sad to leave The Next Step, LaTroy accepts the job without hesitation.
Before the show
During the auditions for A-Troupe, LaTroy has trouble with Daniel's contemporary choreography. Knowing that he cannot master it, he incorporates hip-hop moves into the routine and makes it onto the troupe.
LaTroy is thrilled when he receives a text from his estranged father in which he claims that he wants to meet. His utter excitement causes him to ditch Sloane. LaTroy is disappointed when his father does not show up and choreographs a solo for Sloane as an apology.
LaTroy acts on his feelings for Amy when assured by her about their chemistry by asking Amy out. LaTroy is shocked at Sloane's hostile response to this and even more shocked when she reveals that she has feelings for him. Despite this, he still dates Amy, tarnishing his friendship with Sloane. Hoping to reconnect with his father, LaTroy takes up his offer to renovate a farmhouse with him for a while. He is met with understanding from Amy for leaving and anger from Sloane, but decides that he has to choose his family.
LaTroy kisses Amy at Regionals and assures her that she loves her, but confesses that he doesn't feel anything. Although, while comforting Sloane after she is disqualified from Regionals for performing choreography during the solo round, he tells her that she loves her and means it.
Realizing that he actually wants to be with Sloane, LaTroy breaks up with Amy and tells Sloane about his intentions. He is thrilled when Sloane assures him that she wants to be with him as well and kisses her.
LaTroy is saddened that Sloane will not be auditioning, but is appreciative of her supporting him.
|"I'll get to you when I get to you!" - The missing information in this section of the article is to be added.|
LaTroy prizes uniqueness and individuality. LaTroy is extremely confident, a trait which sometimes verges on conceit and blindness to his weaknesses. LaTroy often needs others to make him aware of his flaws. In relation to this, LaTroy also tends to be quite oblivious. For instance, LaTroy cannot see that Amy and Sloane like him romantically until he is explicitly told so.
LaTroy often attempts to be the mediator, like he does with Sloane and Amy, but usually fails. He is also extremely hopeful, proven by the number of second chances that he provides his deadbeat father with, which may contribute to his peacemaking nature.
LaTroy has dark skin and dark brown eyes. He has black hair.
LaTroy's attire is very casual; it consists almost entirely of t-shirts, jackets and sweatpants. His wardrobe mostly consists of red, blue, black, and white clothing.
- Animation: Animation is one of LaTroy's three dominant styles.
- Contemporary: While far from his strongest style, LaTroy successfully learns a contemporary combo from Amy.
- Hip-hop: Hip-hop is another of LaTroy's main styles.
- Pop and lock: Pop and lock is one of LaTroy's main styles; he is the only dancer on A-Troupe to ever be a pop and lock dancer.
- Main article: LaTroy/Relationships
- Group dances
- Group dances
- LaTroy's character is named after LaTroy Hawkins, a baseball pitcher who formerly played for the Toronto Blue Jays.
- Main article: LaTroy/Quotes
| "Look at that painting!"
To view the LaTroy gallery, click here.
- ↑ As Season 4 can be split into quarters and is set across four months of the timeline in the universe of the show, episodes 11 to 20 can be presumed to take place in February. LaTroy's birthday occurs in "I Can't Go for That".
- ↑ Profile: Erika Prevost as Sloane - The Next Step (Season 4) - YouTube. YouTube (April 4, 2017). Retrieved on July 8, 2017.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 "Stir It Up." Wikia. Retrieved on February 29, 2016.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 "Welcome to the Jungle." Wikia. Retrieved on March 6, 2016.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 "The New Regime." Wikia. Retrieved on June 17, 2017.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 "Go West, Young Michelle." Wikia. Retrieved on June 17, 2017.
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 "I Only Have Eyes for You." Wikia. Retrieved on May 20, 2016.
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 "The Edge of Glory." Wikia. Retrieved on July 19, 2017.
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 "Knowing Me, Knowing You." Wikia. Retrieved on April 30, 2016.
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 "The Game Belongs to Me." Wikia. Retrieved on April 6, 2016.
- ↑ "How Deep Is Your Love." Wikia. Retrieved on June 20, 2016.
- ↑ "A Fool in Love." Wikia. Retrieved on November 12, 2016.
- ↑ "Karma Police." Wikia. Retrieved on November 26, 2016.
- ↑ 13.0 13.1 "It Ain't Easy." Wikia. Retrieved on May 18, 2017.
- ↑ "Even Better Than the Real Thing." Wikia. Retrieved on May 18, 2017.
- ↑ "A Change Is Gonna Come." Wikia. Retrieved on May 18, 2017.
- ↑ 16.0 16.1 "Brave New World." The Next Step. Family Channel. Retrieved on October 17, 2017.
- ↑ Is Amy (Shelby) really named after Amy Wright? Are there other characters named after someone? | ask.fm/TheNextStepDance. ask.fm (May 26, 2016). Retrieved on May 27, 2016.