| "But I can't wait for the next chapter to begin."
This articles contains information about something that is upcoming, meaning it has yet to be aired or released in Canada. This page is likely to have spoilers in it.
|“||Just go out there and give it everything you've got.||”|
With a showdown looming, several dancers question their future.
Noah stands on the stage alone, as it is the last day of Regionals and he wants to remember the moment. As he reflects, Jacquie appears from the audience. Jacquie confesses that she knows what's coming. Noah tells her that he will be leaving The Next Step after Regionals, but assures her that they will still be together. Jacquie tells him that they can no longer be together if he leaves, as she will be holding him back. They break up and perform a duet to "Mountains" in the audience. They conclude sitting next to each other in seats, and Noah confesses that it is not goodbye yet.
AcroNation and The Next Step stand on the stage awaiting information about what they will do after Encore's disqualification and the studios' tie. Emily, Michelle, Thalia and Eldon appear after talking to the judges. They are told that a tie is broken by a ten-person dance and they have 2 hours to choreograph, which scares them as it is such a short amount of time.
- This episode became available on BBC iPlayer on November 19, 2018, nine days prior to its scheduled release on CBBC.
- The Next Step Dance Studio beat AcroNation in the tie-breaker and has won Regionals, qualifying for Nationals.
- Noah and Jacquie are no longer a couple due to his leaving A-Troupe.
- Michelle is likely leaving The Next Step.
- There is a bonus scene in this episode featuring a reunion and dance duet between Michelle and Giselle.
- The team sings "Wish You Well" to Noah before their finals dance, similar to how Noah sang the same song to Season 1's A-Troupe.
- Simone hurts her wrist, so Summer dances for both teams in the tie-breaker, reminiscent of when West danced for Seeds in "I'm So Excited" and when Amanda stepped in for Emily at Nationals.
- Noah confesses that it has been five years since he sang "Wish You Well" to A-Troupe, but it has only been two. He also confesses that that was when he first joined The Next Step, but in "All the Marbles", Emily mentions that Noah has been at The Next Step almost as long as her, which would mean that he has to have been there for at least 15 years, seeing as Emily had been at The Next Step for 14 years in Season 2.
- Season 6's A-Troupe should not know "Wish You Well" because only Noah sang and performed that song to Season 1's A-Troupe. However, seeing as Michelle and Emily were on A-Troupe in Season 1, it is possible that they learned it then and taught it to Season 6's A-Troupe. It is also possible that, upon hearing Noah sing a line from the song in "The Edge of Glory", Richelle, Henry and Piper learned the song from Noah and taught it to the others who were not there at the time. Additionally, it is possible that Richelle was on J-Troupe in Season 1 at the same time as Noah, but merely did not appear on-screen until Season 2 and learned the song at the time it was composed. It is also possible that Richelle learned the song from the other Season 1 J-Troupers and taught it the rest of Season 6's A-Troupe.
- The title refers to a song by Billy Joel with the same name.
- Alexandra Beaton as Emily
- Alexandra Chaves as Piper
- Briar Nolet as Richelle
- Dylan Ratzlaff as Jacquie
- Emmerly Tinglin as Kenzie
- Isaiah Peck as Henry
- Julian Lombardi as Ozzy
- Katie Ortencio as Lily
- Liam Mackie as Finn
- Myles Erlick as Noah
- Noah Zulfikar as Kingston
- Sage Linder as Summer
- Shelby Bain as Amy
- Victoria Baldesarra as Michelle
- Alexandre Deakin as Ty
- Brigitte Turnbull as AcroNation dancer
- Damian Goddard as Chuck Anderson
- Emily Grady as AcroNation dancer
- Isaac Lupien as Eldon
- Jordan Clark as Giselle
- Julia Miller as AcroNation dancer
- Justine Sanker as Priya
- Kennedy Johnston as AcroNation dancer
- Nathaniel Belnavis-Wright as Adrian
- Sanaa Williams as Simone
- Sarah Parlatore as AcroNation dancer
- Zofia Kasprzyk as AcroNation dancer
- Taveeta Szymanowicz as Thalia
- Main article: Piano Man/Quotes
- Main article: Piano Man/Aftershow
| "Look at that painting!"
To view the Piano Man gallery, click here.