Emily and Michelle are meeting with Miss Kate in Studio A Office to convince her to hire them back as studio head. They pitch ideas to improve The Next Step like hosting the Advance Dance Wild Style Convention and renting out Studio 1. Miss Kate is worried, enrollment has declined since last year regionals loss making the financial situation difficult. They need regional prize money for the studio to survive. Emily and Michelle exit the office and announce they are back as the co-studio head.
Piper is nervous in the locker room before rehearsal since it's her first day back. She goes into Studio A and everyone is happy to see her hugging her.
The line placement for regional is;
In the locker room. Amy, Jacquie and Richelle are upset they got placed in the middle row. Noah is worried about the drama and tells them that Summer is a very good Dancer. Summer comes in and asks if anyone want to hang out. The girls leave saying they are busy.
In Shakes and Ladders, Finn sees Piper and ask her why she is happy to be in the back row. Piper doesn't want to explain herself, so she leaves.
Emily and Michelle call Amy, Jacquie and Richelle to their office. Someone told them they are not happy with their line placement and Emily and Michelle want to stop the drama before it gets further.
The girls go confront Summer in the locker room, Summer denies tattling and leaves. Noah came forward and tell them it's him that told Emily and Michelle to stop the drama.
Piper is in Studio 1 to dance to calm relieve some pressure. Finn sees her and is impressed by her dance. He tells her that he still doesn't understand why she wants to be in the back row but he will let it go. Piper tells him she doesn't know why he cares so much.
Noah meet Piper to see if she is ok. Jacquie asks him if he thinks Summer is a better dancer than her. Noah tried to evade the question. Jacquie stops him and tells him she got her answer.
Amy meets Summer in Shakes and Ladders, she apologies. Summer tells her she gets it, everyone wants the front row. She tells Amy if she really wants the front row to come and get it. In talking head, Amy tells us that she can be friends with Summer but she coming for her stop. Summer tells us that Amy can try but she not giving up her spot.
- Michelle and Emily are no longer co-managers of Shakes & Ladders, but co-studio heads of The Next Step again.
- Finn started dancing at the age of five.
- Summer started dancing at the age of three.
- Noah is dance captain again.
- Piper is no longer a member of B-Troupe, but a member of A-Troupe again.
- The line-up for the Regionals finals dance is, from left to right: Piper, Finn, Ozzy & Kingston (back row), Amy, Kenzie, Richelle & Jacquie (middle row) and Henry, Summer & Noah (front row).
- Richelle references her injury, as well as TNS East and TNS West getting formed, while Emily and Michelle were studio heads.
- Alexandra Beaton as Emily
- Alexandra Chaves as Piper
- Briar Nolet as Richelle
- Dylan Ratzlaff as Jacquie
- Emmerly Tinglin as Kenzie
- Isaiah Peck as Henry
- Julian Lombardi as Ozzy
- Liam Mackie as Finn
- Myles Erlick as Noah
- Noah Zulfikar as Kingston
- Sage Linder as Summer
- Shelby Bain as Amy
- Victoria Baldesarra as Michelle
- Main article: Summer Lovin'/Quotes
- Main article: Summer Lovin'/Aftershow
| "Look at that painting!"
To view the Summer Lovin' gallery, click here.