Emily enters and tells Michelle that because Noah is eighteen, The Next Step cannot dance in the Intermediate Advanced age division at Regionals. The whole team has to compete in the Senior Advanced age division - or Noah has to leave the team. Emily and Michelle decide their only shot at winning in the Senior Advanced Division is if Summer wins the five point advantage with her solo.
In Studio 1, the soloists, including Summer, Amy and Lily, are warming up with their studio heads and dance captains. Summer confesses that she is really nervous and Noah tries to encourage her, failing to hide that he is just as nervous himself.
Thalia confesses that she didn't originally plan on going to Regionals but she just can't pass up the opportunity, and tells Amy to dance from her heart. Amy confesses that she is nervous because she has had less than 24 hours to prepare her solo, whilst the other soloists have been practising for weeks.
Miss Angela tells Lily that she is the star dancer in the room, but Lily contradicts her, saying that nobody thinks she deserves to be there. Miss Angela dismisses this, assuring her that she's the best.
In Studio A, the other dancers are preparing for a workshop with Leon Blackwood. Leon enters, making all the dancers extremely excited. Emily introduces Leon, and he explains that he's going to teach everyone the combo, then he'll pick the best five dancers and they will get to showcase it for everyone. Leon calls up his assistants, Richelle and Ozzy; instead of Ozzy, Kingston goes up. He explains that he is stepping in because Ozzy got food poisoning from a bad sushi burrito from the street. Leon doesn't question this, assuming that Kingston is Ozzy; Kingston decides not to correct him.
Back in Studio 1, the solo competition is about to start. Michelle announces the beginning of the competition. Miss Angela tells Lily to keep her eye on one of the judges, who then smiles at her.
The dancers in the Leon Blackwood workshop start learning the choreography. Emily watches the dancers to try and find a good replacement for Amy. Despite not wanting to be there, Jacquie is stuck at the back; she confesses that if she is in the back row, she knows she won't get picked. Leon asks "Ozzy", aka Kingston, what he thinks of the dancers and he says he can only see the front row. Jacquie starts trying to dance towards the front. She nearly makes it when she is pushed away by another girl; when the dancers stop for a break, she realizes this girl is her sister, Davis.
The solo competition begins, and Amy performs her solo. She confesses that she is dancing out all her old awkward feelings. Thalia confesses that the judges like her. Summer becomes even more nervous after seeing Amy perform.
While the workshop dancers are waiting to see who made it into the top five, Jacquie starts arguing with Davis about her showing up at The Next Step without telling her. Jacquie explains that she loves her sister but they don't get along at dance, confessing that the last time they danced at the same studio, their teacher went into early retirement. Leon announces that he has made a decision. All the dancers confess that they hope they will be chosen. Leon chooses Piper, Kenzie, and two other dancers. For his last pick, he points in the direction of Jacquie and Davis, making both think they got picked; however, Leon then specifies that he has picked "the blonde one", meaning Davis.
A pointe dancer finishes her solo; it is now Lily's turn. Miss Angela tells Michelle that Lily's going to knock her socks off; Michelle replies that she doesn't wear socks, making Summer laugh. Lily performs her solo; everyone notes that she has great choreography, but no real emotion.
Leon Blackwood's top five dancers perform his choreography; Emily watches to try find a new A-Troupe member, and tells Richelle, Kingston and Jacquie that she is thinking of Davis as a replacement for Amy. Jacquie opposes this decision, but Richelle agrees, confessing that she thinks Davis would fit in well.
Summer performs her solo; Noah confesses that the other dancers were good, but Summer has the most passion. The judges thank the contestants and say that it is going to be a tough decision.
Emily and Michelle offer Davis a position on A-Troupe; she is delighted and instantly accepts. Everyone is happy about Davis joining the team - except Jacquie. Davis requests a selfie with the other dancers; Jacquie joins them for the photo, but refuses to smile.
The judges announce the winner of the solo competition; to everyone's surprise, it is Lily. Amy is disappointed, and Summer is devastated, confessing that Miss Angela must have been right about the judges wanting to see "pop and flash". Henry confesses that he is not mad at Summer for losing, but Richelle confesses that she knew everyone was putting too much faith in her. Lily approaches the A-Troupe dancers, taunting them with how they could have had the five point advantage if they had kept her on their team; Richelle informs her that she will not beat them again. Summer thanks Richelle for having her back, but Richelle says that she was defending the team, not her - and tells Summer that if she had performed the solo instead of her, they would have won the five points.
Knowing that they won't have an advantage at Regionals, Emily and Michelle discuss whether or not they can compete in the older division. They decide that they have to kick Noah off the team.
- This episode became available on BBC iPlayer on September 3, 2018, one week prior to its scheduled release on CBBC.
- There are two bonus scenes for this episode, featuring a duet between Jacquie and Davis and Summer's reaction to losing the convention solo.
- Miss Angela has changed the name of Encore Dance Studios to "Miss Angela’s Encore Dance Studio".
- Michelle never wears socks.
- Davis is now part of A-Troupe, replacing Amy.
- Lily has won the solo competition, meaning Encore has a five point advantage for Regionals.
- Noah may no longer be a member of A-Troupe.
- Lily references A-Troupe kicking her and Angela out of The Next Step, which occurs in "Coup d'Etat".
- The grey tank top that Richelle wears is identical to one that she wears while filming the qualifier video in Season 5, and her black pants are identical to a pair that Piper wears in Season 4.
- Michelle claims that with Davis on the team, they have a full troupe. In reality, Davis brings the number of A-Troupe members up to eleven, meaning they are technically one member short of a full troupe; what it does mean is that there will now be one alternate dancer for Regionals.
- In one shot, Richelle is seen walking away from Summer, Noah and Henry, but in the next shot, where Emily and Michelle are the focus, she is seen next to the other three again.
- The title of this episode alludes to Berkeley and Dylan Ratzlaff's YouTube channel of the same name.
- Alexandra Beaton as Emily
- Alexandra Chaves as Piper
- Briar Nolet as Richelle
- Dylan Ratzlaff as Jacquie
- Emmerly Tinglin as Kenzie
- Isaiah Peck as Henry
- Liam Mackie as Finn
- Myles Erlick as Noah
- Noah Zulfikar as Kingston
- Sage Linder as Summer
- Shelby Bain as Amy
- Victoria Baldesarra as Michelle
- Alec Dahmer as unknown character
- Alexandra Bacci as J-Troupe dancer
- Alexandre Deakin as Ty
- Anna Bartlam as unknown character
- Benjamin Williams as Pete
- Berkeley Ratzlaff as Davis
- Blake Talabis as unknown character
- Brian Hooper as unknown character
- Briana Andrade-Gomes as Briana
- Brigitte Turnbull as AcroNation dancer
- Chloe Cubric as unknown character
- Ciara Alexys as unknown character
- Damien Lavergne as Charlie
- Daniel-Anthony Akuffo as J-Troupe dancer
- Eamon Stocks as unknown character
- Ella Staios as unknown character
- Emily Grady as AcroNation dancer
- George Randolph as Curtis
- Hailey Fauchere as unknown character
- Isiah Hall as unknown character
- Jade Whitney as unnamed TNS West member
- Jazzmin James as unknown character
- Jessica Gower as unknown character
- Jordan Alleyne as unknown character
- Joshua Lamb as Jones
- Julia Miller as AcroNation dancer
- Katie Ortencio as Lily
- Kayleigh Shikanai as unknown character
- Kelis Robinson as unknown character
- Kelly Fanson as Angela
- Kennedy Johnston as AcroNation dancer
- Kris Grzella as unknown character
- Lila Ghadban as unknown character
- Lily Bartlam as unknown character
- Lexa Edelstein as unknown character
- Madison Foley as unknown character
- Mathew Edmondson as unknown character
- Rachel Riley as Gabi
- Sarah Parlatore as AcroNation dancer
- Sanaa Williams as Simone
- Siam Yu as unknown character
- Stefano Gallelli as unknown character
- Tanya Karn as unknown character
- Taveeta Szymanowicz as Thalia
- Tyler Hutchings as Tyler
- Zofia Kasprzyk as AcroNation dancer
- "Ahead of Our Time"
- "Billionaire Vagabond"
- "Can't Let Go"
- "Fire with Fire"
- "Let's Get Lost"
- "Lift Off"
- "Make the Ground Shake"
- "Right Here, Right Now"
- "Roll My Way"
- "Take It to the Top"
- "Turn Me Around"
- Main article: Sweet and Salty/Quotes
- Main article: Sweet and Salty/Aftershow
| "Look at that painting!"
To view the Sweet and Salty gallery, click here.