TNS East rehearses at the ballet barres in Studio 1. Both Emily and Richelle commend Elliot's performance, the latter admitting that he is almost as good as her. Elliot confesses that the troupe is mediocre, except for Richelle, who is nearly as good as him. Just then, Michelle enters and tells Emily that Elliot has got the whole team disqualified.
In Emily's office, Michelle informs Emily that Elliot is a paid Broadway dancer, even showing her a brochure for the production of Don Quixote, in which he starred. Upon Emily's questioning, Elliot claims that he has always wanted to be on a team that stands for excellence among other traits, but Michelle retorts that he is actually there to better his reputation after being kicked off six Broadway productions due to his behavioural issues. Emily realizes that Elliot was using them and, despite Elliot's rebuke, kicks him off the team. In light of the situation, Emily orders that Noah be a part of her troupe once more, which Michelle refuses. An argument ensues, with both parties professing that their troupe will be going to Regionals.
Ozzy approaches Richelle to comfort her about Elliot's departure, which naturally results in him offering her cheesy pick-up lines. When Richelle discovers that Ozzy is responsible for getting Elliot kicked off the team, Ozzy is met with her anger.
Emily is leading her dancers in a stretch when Michelle and her team enters and stage a sit-in. Unlike their peers, Kingston and Lola are conversing about Lola's new hoverboard in Neutral Grounds, although the texts the two receive beckoning them to Studio 1 cause them to leave. As the dancers fight and Michelle and Emily argue, Lola and Kingston enter the studio. Moments later, Kate also enters. Michelle and Emily immediately try to convince her of their respective teams going to Regionals amidst the dancers' fighting and arguing. Disappointed with the behaviour of both troupes, Kate decides that neither team will be going to Regionals, effectively silencing everyone.
Kate lambastes Emily and Michelle for alerting her of an alleged emergency, only for her to witness the fighting that took place moments before. Kate claims that the dancers have forgotten the reason that they dance in the first place and need to find it; in the meantime, the studio will not be competing for the entire dance season. The dancers are left in shock, with Amy wondering how she will break the news to her mom.
Jacquie, Zara, and Josh complain about their predicament. Although, after Josh cites Noah switching sides as the reason for their situation, Jacquie immediately defends Noah. Nonetheless, Josh and Zara stand by the belief that Noah is to blame. Jacquie tells the two to leave Noah out of it, causing Josh to question whose side she is on. Jacquie leaves in shock and confesses that the teams' rivalry has gone way too far. Ozzy and Heather approach Lola in Neutral Grounds and lament about their situation. The three note Kingston's cheeriness and he professes that he is going to continue practicing dance, as that is why they are all there. Lola finds a newfound respect for Kingston's wish to improve himself, which is begrudgingly resounded by the other two.
Kingston, Ozzy, and Lola practice in Studio A as Emily and Michelle angrily argue in Michelle's office. Piper overhears the argument as she packs up her items. Emily professes that her dancers will stay in the east wing and Michelle in the west, with none of their dances speaking to each other or crossing the boundaries, to which Michelle wholeheartedly agrees. Piper is left in shock, believing that the two are taking things way too far. Emily rushes out of Michelle's office, both content that they never have to see each other again. Piper looks on at Kingston, Ozzy, and Lola dancing together and decides that it is up to her to find a way to get them to Regionals.
Noah finds Jacquie in Studio 1 upon receiving her text, confessing that he feels like they are the modern day Romeo and Juliet in light of the new boundaries. The two dance together, both confessing that they need to find a way to stay together. After their dance, the two share their first kiss.
Michelle dances in Studio A, still in disbelief that the studio isn't competing at Regionals for the first year ever and now deeming it her fault. Meanwhile in Studio 1, Emily sadly examines a picture of a previous A-Troupe and one of the studio's previously won trophies, thinking about what could have been. Michelle continues to dance and finishes with the realization that the studio has nothing.
Piper secretly meets Amy in Neutral Grounds and tells her about her plan to unite TNS East and TNS West and show Kate that they deserve to go to Regionals.
- LaTroy has been removed from the opening theme.
- Elliot is a former Broadway dancer and has been kicked off of six productions.
- Elliot is no longer a member of The Next Step Dance Studio.
- The Next Step Dance Studio will not be attending Regionals or any other competition for the rest of the dance season.
- The members of TNS East and TNS West are no longer allowed to communicate with each other or enter each other's studios.
- Elliot tells Emily that she needs him before being kicked off of TNS East, like he says to Michelle in "United and Divided" before being kicked off of TNS West.
- Emily references Michelle asking her to be her co-dance captain in "Dancing in the Street."
- Emily picks up the photo of Season 1's A-Troupe with Kate and Chris.
- Emily touches the Absolute Dance Internationals trophy that The Next Step won in "How It Ends".
- The title of the episode alludes to the film Captain America: Civil War.
- Elliot previously starred in a production of Don Quixote.
- Noah references Shakespeare's play, Romeo and Juliet.
- Emily has the 17th Annual Internationals trophy in her office, but according to Kate, the Absolute Dance Nationals trophy has to be given up by the reigning National champions each year to be presented to the current winners, making it strange that the same would not happen to the Internationals trophy - though the current champions, Gemini Dance Studio, could have been presented with a new trophy.
- Shelby Bain as Amy
- Victoria Baldesarra as Michelle
- Alexandra Beaton as Emily
- Alexandra Chaves as Piper
- Julian Elia as Elliot
- Myles Erlick as Noah
- Dawson Handy as Josh
- Julian Lombardi as Ozzy
- Jessica Lord as Lola
- Hanna Miller as Heather
- Briar Nolet as Richelle
- Isaiah Peck as Henry
- Dylan Ratzlaff as Jacquie
- Milaina Chanel Robinson as Zara
- Noah Zulfikar as Kingston
- Briana Andrade-Gomes as Briana
- Danielle Ching as Danielle
- Tyler Hutchings as Tyler
- Jordan Letlow as Jordan
- Bree Wasylenko as Kate
- Jade Whitney as unnamed TNS West member
- Main article: TNS: Civil War/Quotes
- Main article: TNS: Civil War/Aftershow
| "Look at that painting!"
To view the TNS: Civil War gallery, click here.
- ↑ TV Listings Grid, TV Guide and TV Schedule, Where to Watch TV Shows - Screener. Zap2It (September 23, 2017). Retrieved on September 23, 2017.
- ↑ "Sweet Spot". Wikia. Retrieved on January 7, 2020.