| "It's a tree, just like this one."|
This image or image(s) on this article need to be replaced or added. An image of TNS West from "East Meets West" needs to be added to the infobox.
Although Michelle makes it onto A-Troupe, she is unhappy with Emily's strict leadership and the absence of hip-hop and breakdancers on her team. Therefore, Michelle decides to form her own troupe, which is validated by Kate.
Michelle enlists the members of B-Troupe, who were cut from or did not make it onto A-Troupe, onto her competitive troupe. Michelle is left needing three more dancers, but is forbidden from getting dancers from the studio per Emily.
Michelle eventually learns that only one team from The Next Step Dance Studio can compete at Regionals, leading to the introduction of a dance battle to determine the victor. Although, for this dance battle to occur, TNS West would need its ten dancers. Michelle is eventually able to form a full team, but the team loses the dance battle.
Since TNS West is formed independently from TNS East, it is deemed the less legitimate troupe and does not get the same funding or resources that TNS East does. This also stems from TNS West's more laid-back nature; most of the troupe's members are hip-hop and breakdancers and there are very few rules governing the troupe.
| "Look at that painting!"
To view the TNS West gallery, click here.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 "Leon Me." The Next Step. Family Channel. Retrieved on August 11, 2017.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 "Go West, Young Michelle." The Next Step. Family Channel. Retrieved on June 9, 2017.
- ↑ "Heathers." The Next Step. Family Channel. Retrieved on December 16, 2017.
- ↑ "United and Divided." The Next Step. Family Channel. Retrieved on December 16, 2017.
- ↑ "East Meets West." The Next Step. Family Channel. Retrieved on December 16, 2017.
- ↑ "This Changes Everything." The Next Step. Family Channel. Retrieved on December 16, 2017.