"Piper and Amy's secret plan is put into action, as the dancers rally to unite the studios under one banner. Amy's future at the studio is threatened when her mother makes a difficult demand. Emily and Michelle are forced to face their shortcomings."
Ozzy lures Michelle into Emily's office in Studio 1, claiming Emily has badly injured her ankle and needs to be taken to hospital. However, once Michelle is inside, Ozzy locks her and Emily, whose ankle is perfectly fine, in the office, and returns to Studio A with the key. Realizing they are trapped together, Emily and Michelle desperately call for Ozzy to rcome back.
The newly merged A-Troupe prepares to rehearse their routine in Studio A, with Piper and Richelle leading the rehearsal. Amy is not present, as unbeknowst to her peers, her mother is making her audition for Gemini Dance Studio. Worried about having to wait for her, the team decides to start the routine without Amy. Meanwhile, in Emily's office, she and Michelle are unable to stop bickering with each other, leading Emily to divide the room in half with blue sticky tape.
As the dancers are trying to work out their routine, Ozzy suggests an idea, but nobody takes it seriously. However, Josh understands what Ozzy is thinking of, and suggests the same concept with different phrasing; everyone loves it, and fails to realize that it was originally Ozzy's idea, much to his dismay. As Amy has still not arrived, the dancers discuss whether to cut her out of the routine as they don't have much time left, but Amy enters the studio just in time and assumes her position. Piper is curious as to where her friend was, but Amy lies that she had food poisoning and is now feeling better.
Feeling discouraged by how nobody took his idea seriously, Ozzy retreats to the locker room, where Noah comes to check on him. Remembering how he was underestimated when he moved straight up to A-Troupe from J-Troupe, Noah consoles Ozzy and suggests that next time he has an idea, he should deliver it in a more serious manner so that people know he is not joking. Feeling better, Ozzy returns to the rehearsal.
In Emily's office, she and Michelle continue to argue. Emily assures Michelle that she could never understand what she has gone through, as she has always had everything handed to her and has never worked as hard for anything as Emily has. Michelle realizes that Emily has a point, and begins considering her point of view. Back in Studio A, Ozzy comes up with another idea for the routine. When he approaches Richelle, she quickly dismisses him, but Ozzy clearly phrases his idea and makes no silly comments, genuinely impressing the other dancers with his suggestion. Noah smiles at Ozzy, knowing that his advice helped.
Emily tries to pick the lock to the office door and directs a rude comment at Michelle. In retaliation, Michelle claims that her life isn't as easy as Emily thinks it is. She tells her about her parents' divorce and how she has no siblings to support her, whereas Emily has had the support of both her parents and Riley throughout her career. Emily considers this and begins to recognise that Michelle may not have had everything handed to her after all. Eventually, they begin to help each other with the lock and finally manage to escape the office. They head to Studio A to lambaste the dancers. Meanwhile, Amy receives a text confirming that she made it into Gemini. This news upsets her, as even though she does not wish to leave The Next Step, she knows her mother will make her take the position.
When they arrive at the studio, Michelle and Emily find Kate and the twelve dancers of the now merged team. Not wanting to have Michelle and Emily fight, the dancers say that it was their idea to merge the studios. The dancers perform their routine, which impresses Michelle, Emily, and Kate. Seeing how the two teams have come together, Kate declares that The Next Step Dance Studio is allowed to compete at Regionals again, with Emily and Michelle as co-studio heads.
- Amy has been accepted into Gemini Dance Studio.
- TNS East and TNS West have merged back into A-Troupe.
- A-Troupe currently consists of Amy, Heather, Henry, Jacquie, Josh, Kingston, Lola, Noah, Ozzy, Piper, Richelle and Zara.
- Danielle, Jordan and Tyler are no longer part of TNS East or A-Troupe.
- Briana, an unnamed dancer and another unnamed dancer are no longer part of TNS West.
- The Next Step Dance Studio is able to submit a qualifier video for Regionals again.
- Emily and Michelle are now co-studio heads of The Next Step, and are on good terms again.
- This is the first episode to use "Stand Up" during the end credits since "A Change Is Gonna Come"
- The skirt that Lola wears in this episode is identical to one that Riley wears in Season 4.
- Emily refers to Michelle quitting A-Troupe and creating TNS West, which occurs in "Go West, Young Michelle".
- Michelle references Emily refusing to let numerous dancers audition for A-Troupe and cutting several dancers who went to Regionals the previous year, all of which occurs in "The New Regime".
- Michelle refers to when The Next Step Dance Studio wins Regionals in "Winner Takes All."
- Emily recalls Michelle auditioning for A-Troupe in "Get the Party Started".
- Emily refers to when Eldon breaks up with her to be with Michelle before their Regionals finals dance in "Winner Takes All."
- Noah refers both to his time on J-Troupe and to how he was not taken seriously when he moved straight up to A-Troupe, which occurs in Season 3.
- Michelle references her parents' divorce, which happens during Season 3.
- Emily indirectly refers to when she is locked in the costume closet with Hunter, which occurs in "Time to Move On".
- Emily eats crackers in this episode, despite stating that she never wants to eat a cracker again after the events of "Bad Moon Rising". However, she does state that the crackers are very dry; it is possible that she eats the crackers merely to mock Michelle.
- It is shown in a “Behind the scenes of Emily’s Office” video that the windows in Emily’s office can turn 360 degrees, meaning that Michelle and Emily could have easily climbed out of the office and into Studio 1 via the windows.
- When walking toward Kate in Studio A, Emily is walking behind the cubes, but is somehow next to Michelle mere moments later.
- The title of this episode refers to a recurring catchphrase featured on multiple seasons of the show.
- Alexandra Beaton as Emily
- Alexandra Chaves as Piper
- Briar Nolet as Richelle
- Dawson Handy as Josh
- Dylan Ratzlaff as Jacquie
- Hanna Miller as Heather
- Isaiah Peck as Henry
- Jessica Lord as Lola
- Julian Lombardi as Ozzy
- Milaina Robinson as Zara
- Myles Erlick as Noah
- Noah Zulfikar as Kingston
- Shelby Bain as Amy
- Victoria Baldesarra as Michelle
|"I'll get to you when I get to you!" - The missing information in this section of the article is to be added.|
- Main article: This Changes Everything/Quotes
- Main article: This Changes Everything/Aftershow
| "Look at that painting!"
To view the This Changes Everything gallery, click here.
- ↑ The Next Step on CBBC at 12:45pm October 28th, 2017. Digiguide. Retrieved on October 20, 2017.